Please Contact Me if interested.
All knives have been fine-sharpened prior to sale.
1, 2, 3) Barry Chilton Bevelled Knives (77 mm blades)
These superb bevelled knives were the British standard before the Gregson knives became available.
2 used, in good condition, now straight facet £24.00
1 little used, still mostly hollow-ground £32.00
4) Vitry obtusely bevelled knife. Used. £7.50
5, 6) 2* 'Harry Baker' bevelled (RH) knife blades. An historical rarity proven to produce wonderful knives. From Britain's leading reed-maker around 1960, this design proves unsurpassed for forgiving but precise work at all stages. Each will need mounting in a hardwood handle of choice. 107 mm blades, 151 mm including shank. Pre-sharpened before sale. Each, £16.50
BREATH TRAINER / BOOSTER (Atemtrainer)
As New. As recommended by Emanuel Abbühl. Block 1, 2, or 2 1/2 holes while focussing a steady breath to support the lightweight ball at the top of the cylinder. (New price £34.89) £20.50
Two multi-coloured Helin Mops (silk?), for MIDDLE JOINT only. Useful too for the Recorder and Cor Anglais. Wire Handles. Unused. £6 for the pair
Seiko ST-747 Black. Used but clean, in box £ 7.50
REED BOXES ‘leather’-covered, each for 3 Cor Anglais or Oboe d’Amore Reeds
(New price: € 35.00) 2, used but clean, each £ 9.25
Antique, c.1880–1914. Ebony with double silver-like bands (no hallmark); three sections screw together. In red-plush case. An original present for any musician! £75.00 / € 89.50 / $ 95.00
GOUGING MACHINE CARRIAGE PUSHER-ROD
5 mm ball on angled metal rod, set into fruit-wood handle £5.00
KNIFE-SHARPENING (HONING) STONES
1) NEW in packet. Jende Industries (knife specialist), portable small Japanese 'Fine' 600-Grit Diamond Stone 'Atoma 600', 105 *29 mm. For general work. (New price $65.00) £47.50 (Free postage.)
2) Hard Arkensas (Smith’s) Oilstone 102*52 mm, in Wooden Box, little used: £17.00
3) India (Oil) Stones, two (202*52*26 mm) double-sided, well used, so smoothed and excellent for finishing. New price, £34.00) each £10.50 to include postage (heavy)
OCTAVE PIPE REMOVER
Chiarugi, Non-adjustable, c.5.2 mm centres between points. (New price £16.16) £7.75
DIAL MICROMETER ON STAND
'Baty A1'. Heavy steel base for workshop / engineering use. 57 mm (2 1/4 inch) dial calibrated in 0.001 inches. May be drilled for insertion of reed-supporting tongue. OFFERS please.
SET of Moore & Wright TELESCOPIC GAUGES
Sheffield '900Y'. As New. For highly accurate measurement of oboe bore etc.
1) 8.0–9.6 mm, 156 mm working length. + 95 mm Extension Shank.
2) 12.7–19.0 mm (x 89 mm)
3) 19.6–31.4 mm (x 110 mm) £29.50 the Set (to include UK postage).
DIGITAL VERNIER CALLIPERS
'Faithfull IP54', steel To '150 mm / 6 inches', or a little less. Digital scale reads to 0.01 mm. Switchable between metric and imperial. Paper label has grown scruffy, but fully functional. In protective carrying case. (New price £30.) £13.50 (to include UK postage).
ALL WITH FREE POSTAGE